According to my menu plan for this week, Monday’s meal was Turkey with Ginger and Green Onion Salt Dip. I adapted it from Cooking Light’s Chicken with Ginger and Green Onion Salt Dip recipe so it works with my Warrior Genotype* SWAMI diet.
Fortunately, there aren’t that many changes to make. What makes this recipe good for a warrior is:
- Onions are a Superfood
- Ginger is a beneficial (a Superfood according to my SWAMI)
- Brown Rice is a Superfood
There are only six ingredients: cooked turkey, oil, salt, green onions, ginger, and rice. The most time-consuming part of this recipe is peeling the ginger and cooking the turkey.
So few ingredients, so much flavor!
I grilled the turkey on my mini George Foreman grill. Aren’t these things the best?
I had to grill in batches. Turkey is so lean there was literally no juice in the drip pan when I was done! Seriously, I was able to put the drip pan back in the drawer without needing to rinse it!
Once I was done browning the turkey, I had to run out to aqua aerobics, but I didn’t want to put the turkey back in the refrigerator while it was still hot, so I covered it with another plate to keep the cat from having a second dinner.
Grill marks automatically make the food taste better
Cats are assholes
After the gym, I chopped the green onions and ginger while the rice was cooking. (I used white rice instead of brown because I need to get it out of my pantry.)
Smells sooo good!
Mix it all together and now it’s time for eatin’!
I should have chopped the turkey instead of dicing it so I could easily dip it into the bowl.
But let’s be honest, I just poured it over the top of my food.
Guys, you will not believe how AMAZING this tastes! It is the perfect combination of flavors. I won’t eat it very often because of the sodium content, but for that one time a month I really crave salt (you ladies know what I mean) this beats a bag of chips any day!
Turkey with Ginger and Green Onion Salt Dip
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Arrange turkey over rice; serve with dip.
* Links with an asterisk are affiliate links. No asterisk, not an affiliate!